Friday 30 April 2010

Tape Measure Rosettes

OK. So it's not an illustration but hey... I saw some funky shoes in the Bullring that had TapeMeasure Rosettes on them. This sparked a little idea into my head..so I rushed off to the rag market and stocked up on tape measures. To my excitement (and I was actually squeeling with joy) they had them in different colours! Yay!
So I started with the big pink one (centre) with a tutorial on youtube. Then I did the blue one (bottom left).
the small ones were done with scraps of measure that I had left, except for the green one. It's quite addictive! They all have badges on the back so can be worn as brooches.
My favourite one that I made was a green one similar to the big blue one. I stuck a Hello Kitty button in the middle. But my house mate has stolen it and is wearing it now as I type...

1 comment:

  1. Wherever did you get the idea for this? They're so unusual and cool.
    Lovely work Captain Kayles!

    BTW; it doesn't matter if they're not illustrations - blogspot is for everything baby...

    ReplyDelete